The HySpex Core Scanner is an integrated solution for hyperspectral drill core imaging developed by NEO and Prediktera, in close cooperation with renowned academic and industrial partners through CASERM*. The system incorporates HySpex VNIR and SWIR cameras for scientific-grade hyperspectral imagery. Together with Prediktera’s new Breeze Geo software tools, mineral mapping of the highest quality and highest resolution is achieved. Apart from different interactive methods for data analysis, the platform includes publicly available USGS algorithms for mineral identification, minimum wavelength mapping, and the spectral angle mapper.
HySpex Core Scanner is a dedicated platform for mining exploration:
- High-resolution, hyperspectral imagery
- Drill-core optimized system
- Real-time mineral analysis capabilities
- Work with your own data
- Map mineralization phases within the core
- Log and export mineral and lithology maps
Stay in control
The system is designed to be easy to use and to provide full control over your data, analysis, and results. Real-time interpretation and visualization of the scanned cores identifies areas of significance, such as alteration mineralization, highlighting sections requiring assay or geochemical sampling. The resulting mineralogic interpretation and logs can be exported in common formats and are easily included in other core logging software to enable a comprehensive understanding of the data. It also allows you to revisit and reevaluate your data as needed without incurring in extra fees. Though Skadi is optimized for core boxes, it can handle drill chip boxes, loose samples, and rock mass.
Easy to use interface, touch screen enabled Mineral classification and quantification, USGS MICA mineral mapping, Spectral library interactivity Machine learning classification and quantification, Python Interface, Image segmentation and object recognition
- Spectral range: 400 - 2500nm
- Scanning swath: 660mm
- Spatial resolution: 0.4mm (VNIR) 3.3mm (SWIR)
- Spectral resolution: 3.3nm (VNIR) 4.4nm (SWIR)
The HySpex Core Scanner allows you to achieve a seamless user experience, providing you with the tools to implement your own hyperspectral imaging mineral analysis in the laboratory, core shed, mine site, or mineral processing environment.
Do you want a demonstration? Send us your cores!
- The Center for Advanced Subsurface Earth Resource Models (CASERM) is a collaborative research center for geoscience data use in mining industry lead by Colorado School of Mines and Virginia Tech.